Tuesday, June 22, 2010

i put your picture away, sat down and cried today


I got Elphie back in February. I missed having rats, and I decided it was time to get a new one. I would have gotten two, as rats are very social creatures, but they only had one. I kept going back to Petsmart, and they never had any. Finally, two months later, they had more. I got Galinda (pictured above). The day I brought her home, she was sweet at could be and much more social than Elphie.

Then one day, she escaped from her cage. When I went to put her back in, she bit me. Really hard. I left her alone. I came back about 30 minutes later and slowly stuck my hand out so she could sniff it. She bit me again. I have been afraid to put my hand near the cage for any reason since then. Then one night about a month ago, I was walking by the cage and saw that Elphie's face was covered in blood. Obviously Galinda had bit her too. They've been fighting a lot lately, so I decided to find Galinda a new home. I put her on Craigslist, and in less than 30 minutes, I had two responses, which was a huge surprise, especially considering the high rehoming fee I was asking. But I don't want her going to someone who's going to use her as snake food. So she'll be leaving on Saturday. Maybe then I'll be able to play with Elphie again.

Karli arrives tonight or tomorrow!! So excited.


Music: Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow - Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment