Friday, February 20, 2015

A South Carolina Ice Storm

Toward the end of last week and over the weekend, the weather reporters were telling us that we were going to get a nice snow storm. Then the report turned into "more snow than ice." Then it turned into just ice. And finally, it turned into rain.

Well, it wasn't rain. And it definitely wasn't snow. It was a nasty ice storm. In the 18 years I lived in PA, I don't think I've ever seen anything like this. Maybe it's one of those special things about the South. :X


It looks like snow, doesn't it? Well, it's not. It is ice. A bunch of little balls of ice fell from the sky and piled up everywhere. Then it did, in fact, turn to rain, which froze almost immediately upon hitting the ground. Solid ice. Everywhere. You should have seen my poor dog trying to go out to go potty!

The trees sure did look pretty the next day, though.




And I didn't have to go to work until 12:30, which is always nice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment