Tuesday, October 7, 2014

anniversary trip: part one

I got out of work early on Wednesday, and we got on the road as quickly as we could. We ran into construction, and we ended up not arriving at our hotel until after midnight. We went right to sleep because we had to get up early the next morning.

The decision to leave on Wednesday was semi-last minute, so I decided to stay at a cheap hotel that night. So in the morning, we drove over to the All-Star Music Resort, where we would be staying for the rest of our trip. We were surprised to find that our room was ready for us when we arrived at 8am.

The first things we saw upon arriving at our room were Mickey towels!




We were staying in the Broadway section, which is one of the ones I was hoping for! (Either that or rock n roll.)




So once we put our stuff down, we got on the bus to Epcot.







I learned after our last trip to Disney that you can ask their photographers to use your camera so that you don't have to pay $15 for the photo. I felt really awkward about it, but I did it anyway. I'm really happy that I did because we wouldn't have gotten this photo otherwise.




I'm not a big fan of Epcot, but Josh had never been, so I thought he should go at least once. Plus the International Food and Wine festival was going on, so I figured we'd enjoy that. Unfortunately, none of the food places opened until 10:30 or later, and by that time, we were already bored! So we headed over to Hollywood Studios. Normally I wouldn't spend the extra money on a park hopper pass, but I anticipated that Josh wouldn't like Epcot anymore than I do. I was right.







Sadly, Josh would not go on the Tower of Terror with me. He was truly worried that he was going to have a heart attack and die.








We got in line for the backlot tour, and we almost ended up skipping it because we wanted to get to the Fantasmic amphiteather pretty early. Just as we were about to get out of line, it was our turn to go in, so we stayed, and I'm glad we did. Even if it's basically (or exactly, I'm not sure) the same as it was when I did it 10 and 20 years ago, it's still cool.





Then it was finally time for Fantasmic! I have been looking forward to this for ten years since I only got to see the first few minutes on my senior trip due to technical difficulties.














Overall, we had a great day! Josh said he was glad he went once, but he wouldn't care if we never went to Epcot or Hollywood Studios again. I'd like to go on Tower of Terror at least one more time. I should have gone by myself, but I was scared to. And I lovvve Rock N Rollercoaster. But I definitely don't need to go to Epcot again. It's just so boring!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been to Disney in so long, but I do remember loving the tower of terror! Sounds like a wonderful anniversary trip!

    ReplyDelete