Friday, October 17, 2014

anniversary trip: part two


You thought I forgot, didn't you?

I didn't forget. I've been thinking about this post since I made the last one. I've just been avoiding it. Not because I don't want to share it. It's just so hard to choose what to share! Agh.

But guess what. I'm not even doing Magic Kingdom right now. Ha!

So on Friday, we decided to have a day to relax, and we didn't go to any of the parks. We had a late breakfast reservation at the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. The food was so good, omg. I got an omelet and it was so huge, I couldn't even eat half of it!


From there we headed to Downtown Disney to do some shopping. It started raining on our way there, but we figured it wouldn't last long.


We couldn't have been more wrong. It poured and poured. I had a rain jacket and Josh had a small umbrella. It helped, but we still ended up getting drenched. The main reason I had wanted to go to DD was because the last time we were there, I saw a Disney phone case that I really liked. It was at a little kiosk, and all of the kiosks were closed up due to the weather. But then we found the Co-op and the D-Tech store inside. We both had cases made with designs that you can't get anywhere else, so that was pretty cool. It wasn't a lot of fun walking around in wet clothes in the rain, so we headed back to the hotel. Of course, when we got back, it stopped raining!

We were staying at the All-Star Music resort, which is situated between the All-Star Sports Resort and the All-Star Movies resort. Somehow, I managed to take zero pictures of Music, but we decided to visit the other resorts, and I took a bunch of pictures of them. >.<








When we got back to our room, we found that housekeeping had added another Mickey towel, along with my Minnie ears to our window! They sure know how to put a smile on your face.


Right after we got back to the room, it started pouring again, so we ended up just watching a movie until it was time to get ready for dinner.


We had reservations at the Maya Grill at Coronado Springs. It turned out to be really different than we expected, but the food was amazing!!


We had reservations for just about every meal on this trip. It may have been a little over-planned, but our previous trip wasn't planned at all. It was cool to have researched all of the restaurants and to know where we were eating each meal. It was something to look forward to every few hours, and it was exciting! That said, we spent A LOT of money on food. I didn't mind; you only live once, and that sort of ended up being the focus on of our trip. Last time we spent a good bit on souvenirs; this time we spent it on experiencing the food of Disney instead. But next time we'll probably shift our focus again and do more budget-friendly food.

We headed back to the hotel after dinner and then got on the bus to go back to Downtown Disney. We needed to pick up our phone cases, and then we went to have drinks at Paradiso 37.


I have been wanting to go to Paradiso 37 since the last time we were in Disney because I like the name and it looked pretty cool. It was a pretty cool place, but it didn't really live up to my (super high) expectations. haha.

We each only had one drink because the bus had taken forever to get us there. We wanted to get back and get to bed because we knew we'd be getting up early the next morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment