Wednesday, July 21, 2010



I've gotten really bad about keeping this updated. The truth is, I haven't done much of anything to update about. Josh and I went up to Lake Jocassee on Sunday (pictured above) but it started pouring as soon as we got there. We couldn't swim because, even after the rain stopped, it continued to thunder the whole time we were there. It was a nice trip, but it would have been a lot nicer if the weather had been better.

Our thermostat on our AC broke two nights ago. It was literally like living in hell in this apartment. I put in a service request yesterday, but apparently they didn't get it. So the maintenance man didn't come until 4:00pm today. We were last on his list, even though it literally took him about one minute to fix it, and that includes the amount of time it took him to walk over to the office and get a new thermostat. When he put the new one up, it was reading 93 degrees. Ugh. It was awful. And I think our animals were more miserable than we were. But it's nice and cool now, and I am so thankful.

Josh filed for unemployment almost two months ago, and he still hasn't gotten a check because Clemson hasn't filled out the necessary paperwork. Gotta love em. By the time he gets his first check, we'll be back at work and won't be able to get it. I filed a couple of weeks ago, but same deal; I doubt I'll even get my check before we go back. But it was worth a try, I guess.

Other than that, there's really nothing going on. Just finishing up the summer, getting ready to go back to school and work. While I know I'll be wishing for a break as soon as it starts, right now I'd like it to hurry up cause I'm so bored!

No comments:

Post a Comment