Tuesday, July 13, 2010

book review: twilight


Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Do I really need to give a description? I'll just give the Amazon one again because otherwise I'm just gonna tell you "It's about a girl who falls in love with a vampire."

Bella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Bella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Bella, the person Edward holds most dear.

So, obviously I'm really late to jump on the Twilight Saga bandwagon. My aunt suggested it to me when it first came out, but I never got around to reading it. Then it started to get really popular, and I was skeptical. (I was the same way about Harry Potter. I didn't start reading the books until I'd seen the first two movies.) I saw the movie, and I thought it was terrible, so I had no desire to read it. But then I saw Eclipse and loved it, so I decided to read the books, and Twilight was so good! I wish I had read it sooner. I thought with all of the hype that it would be a letdown, but that wasn't the case at all. It completely lived up to my expectations. So if you haven't read it yet, you definitely should.

No comments:

Post a Comment